I must say that Ms. Jewel is a tough act to follow. Because as much as I ever think about what to post in advance–I try, but it doesn’t always happen–I was thinking of writing my new year’s resolutions too. Mine are the same as usual, which means I can safely ignore them:
- Write more, whine less.
- Move more, eat less.
- Be nicer (I was on painkillers for a time over the holidays and everyone, particularly my nearest and dearest, mentioned what an improvement it was).
So since I am writing my first ever alpha male hero (not one of the glasses-wearing, eternally weepy guys I am so fond of), I give you …. the new year resolutions of an alpha male.
- Try not to stride so much, am tired of bumping into walls, furniture, horses etc.
- Less fisting. Ahem. This is in the accepted romance parlance as in clenching of fists (get your minds out of the gutter).
- Will not use garden implements or cutlery on hair. No kidding, in a recent Facebook discussion someone admitted their hero forked his hair. And then there’s all that raking.
- Will give up sleeping with beautiful but willing women who
remind me of my mother my nurse my fathercan only give me empty satisfaction savage joy revenge oh what the hellunless my duties as a top spy require it.
- Talking of which I’ll try to figure out exactly what I’m supposed to be doing as a spy because it’s all pretty vague and I’m too busy with female company to actually do anything, although I am sure Lord M will call me to account some day.
- Will ignore plain wallflowers, vicar’s daughters, pretty female servants, uppity bluestocking type women etc.
even if they’re really begging for a goodso they may find a suitable husband of their own class.
- I will get over my father, mother, first true love and the terrible thing they did many years ago which has forever scarred me.
- I will find a meaningful hobby that does not involve women, gambling, or drink.
What sort of meaningful hobby do you think the alpha male will find? Any other suggestions for his new year’s resolutions?